Monday, March 29, 2010

Lost Boys Collage

Think Creatively

While making our collages we really had to think about the images and words we used in order to get a better emotional response that would make people want to help. In the top right corner of my collage I have the word 'saved' placed in a sun showing that there was and is hope, a light at the end of the tunnel. I liked this because it shows that people can still help. Even though some of the 'Lost Boys' had the chance at a new life, they were not the only ones who needed help.

Reason Critically

Some of the images I used I think show the struggles the boys faced and some of the words show how they felt. There is one image of the boys walking, looking exhausted and this was definitely significant becauseit was a long, hard journey for them and many boys died along the way. The word 'small' was also used to show how they felt helpless and alone, small, as if no one saw them.

Communicate Effectively

My collage creates awareness of the situation of the 'Lost Boys' because it shows the troubles that they faced and how they felt and it also shows how some of them were able to go to school and graduate so I think that it does show the whole story. Also, my six word memoir tells what happened to the villages just in much shorter words.

Live Ethically

I think my collage is powerfull and even though it's made up of pictures and words, together I think that it's very strong and would make people want to take action. My collage shows only some of the problems that were faced and some of the good things that have happened over the past few years and if an audience knew it was only pieces of the story I think that they would want to make a difference and help the people that are in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment