Monday, April 12, 2010

Alchemist and Julius Caesar


Ideas and Content
My writing contains appropriate ideas and content because I choose quotations and ideas that relate to the topic I'm writing about. I try to make the ideas flow so there are not random ideas being thrown out from everywhere and I always try to stay on topic and not travel off the reservation. There is always room for improvement and I need to start to dig deeper into the topic because sometimes my expanations can be a bit bland. In my Alchemist essay I don't think I added enough detail when talking about my quotations or explaining why I chose the different traits which was basically the whole essay. I need to start finding quotations that add a better understanding for people who wouln not necissarily know what I'm talking about.

Organization
I always try to use the right organization but I sometimes have trouble. In my Julius Caesar essay I tried to introduce the quotation before I wrote it down and try to connect it afterwards to try to make more sense. I had trouble with this in my Alchemist essay, also because I lacked details it made it more difficult. If I added more supporting details it would make the organization of the text easier because I would have more to work with and it would make it easier to understand.

Persomal Growth
I do see improvement in my Julius Caesar essay. There seems to be a lot more meat on the paragraphs because I know I had more details in this essay. I did't enjoy reading 'The Alchemist' as much as I enjoyed 'Julius Caesar' and I think I actually was able to understand it better as well because there weren't so many hidden meanings. I found the Julius Caesar unit very interesting and I think that had a huge role on my improvement and undestanding of the subject.

SLR's
I think when writing an essay you really have to think creatively. You have to be crative with the quotes you chose, the order of them, and you need to be craftey with the words you use to describe them and the topic. Also, it's difficult just to start creating the base for the essay so I think that also takes a lot of thought and creativity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment